CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blue Ribbon Ceremony

As most of you know, I am currently in D.C. representing our school at the National Blue Ribbon Schools Ceremony. It has been an extraorinary experience. Today we met in a private meeting with Congress Woman Giffords. It was surreal to sit in her office and discuss politics and education. Yesterday we took a tour of the monuments and spent time at the Smithsonian. I love American history, being a first time visitor of D.C., I am in awe at the historic significance of this area. There is so much to offer here and it would be so fascinating to teach in an area where I could show my students first hand the actual location of the events and American symbols that I am teaching them about in the classroom. We leave tomorrow so I'll be back in the classroom on Thursday. See ya back in AZ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment