CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Busy as a Beaver!!!

I love Back to School time! It gives me a chance to start fresh and complete fun projects to cutesy up my room. I told you about the adorable crate seats that I found on Pinterest. Well here is my finished product thanks to the hard work of my mom and husband! Once we had the wood cut these seriously took us 30 minutes to put together.




My camera washed out the colors. The one on the left is pink and green striped and the one on the right is the same fabric only blue and green striped. The butterfly fabric matches my chair pockets.


I love how these turned out and they were super easy! I could see these in a playroom or a child's bedroom. They bonus is they double as storage which I was in dire need of in my classroom! Here's what you need:

  • Crate- Target has cute colors right now for $3 (it must be the file folder kind with the lip)
  • Foam- This can be the expensive part if you're not careful. I used a 50% off coupon at Joann's and paid $15 which was enough for 6.
  • Plywood- My wood working husband already had this on hand so no cost to me.
  • Fabric- About a half yard per seat.
  • Ribbon- $1.97 at Walmart. One roll for 3 seats.
  • Spray Glue- I think I spent 3 or 4 dollars at Walmart.
Directions: Measure the plywood and cut so that it will sit inside on the lip. Cut the foam using the same measurements (use an electric knife- so fast!). Spray the glue onto the plywood and place your foam on top. Let this sit to dry for about 30 minutes. Wrap the fabric around the foam covered board, pull tight and staple to the back with a staple gun. We wrapped the corners like we would a present. Once you have the fabric on, measure a piece of ribbon to go around the cushion and staple it into the back. Make sure the ribbon is not too loose, but loose enough to get your hand under it so that you can easily pull the cushion off of the crate when you need to. Voila! That's it!



1 comments:

Jennwhite

This is awesome! Thanks for posting this, I think a whole crop of them will make their way into my classroom at the museum!

Post a Comment