CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

It's Finished!!!

We had Meet the Teacher night Friday and it was a huge success! I always love having time before the first day of school to meet my new kiddos and parents. Everyone was thrilled with the classroom and very eager to start school on Monday. I managed to snap some pictures of my room before the first students walked in. I love how the room came together!



This is the view of the tables with the balloons, notebooks, and other items the kids pick up at meet the teacher night. The balloons have the student's names written on them.




These are pictures of my classroom library. I have a very large library! The bulletin board will be used for our monthly author study.



My butterfly garden and seating in front of the garden.

Calendar and meeting area with new crate seats!


Monarch of the Week Bulletin Board

CAFE and Daily 5 Board

Another nook in my library that I'll use for my music learning lab

Birthday board, book box shelves and learning lab chart.

Reading table and teacher area. Interesting word boardis in the background.

Homeworkopoly and shelf for homework binders.

Word wall and sink area. The colors are really washed out!

School starts tomorrow. I have no idea where the summer went; but I'm ready to start another fantastic year in second grade!

12 comments:

Ms. Male

Very cute! I just pinned some of your stuff. Now I am off to write a post featuring some pics from your class! :)

Everything Math in Grades 3 and 4

I love your room especially the lights!

Holly

I just LOVE your room! You have my brain on overdrive to see what parts of your wonderful room design that I might be able to pull into mine!!! Have a gret year!
Holly
www.joyofkindergarten.blogspot.com

Jen

Your classroom looks A-MAZING!!!!

Michelle

Love your classroom and the balloon idea! I went to Village Meadows! I love Sierra Vista. Such a sweet little community! Did you know the Kleins? Mrs. Klein was my first grade teacher and my favorite. The reason I teach first grade. :)

Mrs. S.

Your room looks marvelous! :)

Melly<><

Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

The Yellow Rocking Chair

Monarch Madness

Thank you all for the kind words!! @Michelle, are you talking about Rick and Margret Klein? I went to school with their daughter :). @Ms Male, ...thank you so much for all of the WONDERFUL help!!!!

Down Under Teacher

Your classroom looks amazing! Love the butterfly garden. I'm a new follower.

Kylie
Down Under Teacher

Michelle

I am talking about Rick and Margaret. Love them! Have a great school year and tell them I said hi if you see them.
Michelle
Fabulous in First

Unknown

You room looks so cute & inviting!!!!

A Teacher's Treasure

Leslie

Your balloons seriously just made me happy! so I'm sure it did the same for your students. Found you through the TBA classroom photo party. Cute stuff!
- Leslie
KindergartenWorks

Traci C.

Love your classroom! I need to hear more about Homeworkopoly ... sounds so cute! And, is there any way to see a close up of your birthday board? I'm totally inspired by your entire room. Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment